700g Cod Fillets, cut into chunks
-2 tbsp Lemon Juice
-4 Spring Onions, chopped
-1 Red Chilli, thinly sliced
-1 tsp Ground Fennel Seeds
-½ tsp Hot Chilli Powder
-2 tsp Ground Cumin
-4 Garlic Cloves, crushed
-1 tsp Fresh Ginger, grated
-½ tsp Turmeric
-350g Basmatic Rice, rinsed & drained
-2 Bay Leaves
-1 Cinnamon Stick
-4 large Eggs, whisked
-2 Spring Onions, sliced
-1 medium Tomato,
-sliced¼ Cucumber, sliced
1. Place the cod pieces in a bowl. Mix together the lemon juice, spring onions, chilli, fennel seeds, chilli powder, cumin, garlic, ginger, turmeric & seasoning & pour over the fish. Coat the fish, cover & marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 150c (130 fan), 300f, gas mark 2.
3. Bring 600ml of water to a boil in a saucepan & add the bay leaves, cinnamon & season well with salt. Add the rice & return to the boil for 3 minutes or until the water has been absorbed. Take the saucepan off the heat & leave uncovered for 5 minutes.
4. Place the fish & some of the marinade into the rice & gently mix together. Add the mixture to a casserole dish. Cover with baking paper & then foil. Add the casserole dish lid. Put into the oven for 20-25 minutes.
5. Meanwhile scramble the whisked eggs ihn a good non-stick frying pan.6. On serving, mix the scrambled cooked egg into the rice dish & garnish.
CALORIES AND MACROS PER SERVING: