-4 small Raw Beetroot, peeled & chopped
-150g Plain Flour
-320g Maple Syrup
-65g Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
-1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
-¼ tsp Salt¼ tsp Baking Soda
-1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1. Boil the beetroot in a saucepan of water until fork tender. Drain the beetroot. Add the beetroot to a blender or food processor together with 1-2 tbsp of water & blend to a puree. Looking for a thick, not watery, puree.
2. Preheat the oven to 180c (160 fan), 350f, gas mark 4. Line a brownie baking tin, 20cm x 30 cm (8" x 12") with greaseproof paper.
3. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon & cocoa together in a large bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients & whisk together. Pour into the prepared brownie tin & level the top of the batter with the back of a wooden spoon or a spatula.
4. Bake for 25 minutes until a skewer inserted into the middle of the brownie comes out clean. Remove from the oven when cooked through & cool for at least 10 minutes before placing the baking tin in the fridge for 20 minutes.
5. When ready cut into 12 squares to serve. Dust with a little cocoa powder if required.
CALORIES AND MACROS PER SERVING: