- 1.5kg Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1.5ltr Chicken Stock
- 100g Lardons
- 60g Long Grain White Rice
- 1 medium Tomato, skinned, deseeded & chopped
- 2 medium Carrots, chopped
- 14g Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. To a large saucepan, add the chicken, onion & stock. Bring to a simmer & cover. Cook over a low heat until the chicken is tender, about 45 minutes. Lift the chicken out onto a platter or board & set aside.
2. Strain the stock through a sieve set over a bowl. Discard the solids & set the clear stock aside for later use.
3. Rinse out the saucepan & fry the lardons for 3-5 minutes over a medium heat. Do not brown. Drain any excess fat.
4. Return the stock to the saucepan with the lardons. Add the rice, tomatoes & carrots. Season with salt & black pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer. Cook until the rice is tender, about 25 minutes.
5. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, cut it into strips or shred. Return the chicken to the soup & cook just long enough to heat through. Add the parsley & serve.
CALORIES & MACROS PER SERVING: